Friday, July 22, 2011

Now Reading Update... Dragonfly in Amber

Phew!! This book is incredible, but very stressful to read. I find myself leaving off when I recognize a particularly emotional section approaching. Mind you, it is only because I have already read it and know what is coming. If I did not, I would not be able to put it down. Here is a quick sample of my day's reading...

Jamie reached forward suddenly and took my hands.

"I think it will not happen, Claire; I think we will stop him. And if not, then still I dinna expect anything to happen to me. But if it should..." He was in deadly earnest now, speaking soft and urgently. "If it does, then I want there to be a place for you; I want someone for you to go to if I am ... not there to care for you. If it canna be me, then I would have it be a man who loves you." His grasp on my fingers grew tighter; I could feel both rings digging into my flesh, and felt the urgency in his hands.

"Claire, ye know what it cost me to do this for you - to spare Randall's life. Promise me that if the time should come, you'll go back to Frank." His eyes searched my face, deep blue as the sky in the window behind him. " I tried to send ye back twice before. And I thank God ye wouldna go. But if it comes to a third time - then promise me you will go back to him - back to Frank. For that is why I spare Jack Randall for a year - for your sake. Promise me, Claire?"

No comments:

Post a Comment